At this table

saxophonias

Re: Cams for D14

Post by saxophonias »

nice find

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

That's just lobe height ,you can't see how agressive the lobe angle is...
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

so for my d14Z2 , what cam should i go for ?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Firebass wrote:so for my d14Z2 , what cam should i go for ?

Regrind always gives the highest hp gain.
Quote from Endyn:"The combustion chamber is a better shape than the DOHC.So don't chunk those 1.6 SOHC engines, they can make really good power. For a pure performance application, regardless of application, I'd choose the SOHC. No bull!"

Firebass

Post by Firebass »

regring u mean remove the my current cam and take it to an enginner to make "wild" these ends ?
Up the Rev Limiter !!!!!!

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Firebass wrote:regring u mean remove the my current cam and take it to an enginner to make "wild" these ends ?
Yes they regrind it to your current engine specs so it's always the most accurate cam for your specific engine.Which always gives the highest gains.

saxophonias

Post by saxophonias »

hondaNickx wrote:
Firebass wrote:so for my d14Z2 , what cam should i go for ?

Regrind always gives the highest hp gain.
Regrinding in Greece isn't the safest solution ;)

lakaiD14

Post by lakaiD14 »

why concider a regrind...

by the company kent cams you can get a brand new custom cam made of your wishes for 200 euro's was told me.

and even at bisimoto's i believe u can buy lobe ungrinded precast and grinded cams, i would never ever concider weldin'up ore chrome up an old cam when u can have a brand new custom cam for a reasonable price.

and i have read that in polen there was a D14a3 with 122 bhp an 137 Nm of torque with a weird cam ore something?

on my last dyno i reached 122.5 bhp and 148 Nm of torque with stock cam BUT with bad bad bottom end (ask joris:P) oil usage of 3 litres a month because of worn piston rings....
"some have dreams, mine is reality :P"

hondaNickx

Post by hondaNickx »

Take a look at crower cams and watch how the cam core shifts .
A good brand new core cost a lot of money ,why do you think Bisimoto regrinds them so much.It's done by proffessionals not some random grinding withouth calculating the reliability of the cam.Level 1 and 2 are regrinds ,level 3 and level X requires welding.
A OEM cam is perfect , almost all aftermarket cams have faults in them .

And a brand new cam for 200Euro from Kent cams ?Thats only a regrind you get from Kent cams.Brand new will cost a lot more then that.And you don't even need that.A level 2 regrind is not even grinded that much that i would consider buying a brand new core.IF you're talking about level 3 or 4 or x or something that requires hard welding then i would consider buying a brand new core.